We have been on the road in our minivan since May. I have pretty much covered our driving through New Mexico…then we got busy(er) and busy(er), it seems. We have been overwhelmed by the beauty and enormity of what we have seen and done daily. We literally fall asleep by 8:30 each night and sleep until 7:00 the next morning (unless there was a football game that Sweet Husband needed to see-I can actually through them).
Sweet Husband and I are over 60. I know, I know. . . I’m shocked, too! We are like toddlers we get really tired and grumpy w/o a nap. We do not get naps, there is no time, which is why I haven’t posted on the following as yet.
Here is a list of the amazing places I will still report on (I promise):
- Sedona, AZ (3 nights)
- Las Vegas, NV (2 nights)
- Ronald Regan Library (one night & one FULL day)
- John Paul Getty Museum (1/2 day…not enough)
- San Diego, CA (5 nights)
- The Tournament Of Roses Parade (Pasadena, CA—4 nights)
- Continue up Hwy 1 to Big Sur, Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove, Monterey, San Francisco, Muir Forest, the Avenue of the Giants and Yosemite (weather permitting) [Many nights]
- Then we head back to our neck of the woods (I’m assuming)
- Big Sur (to me) is the closest thing to heaven here on earth! REALLY
Pictures below, to tease you, from each location. . .